Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quick Hits: this is what Biphobia and Bisexual Erasure looks like

This Is What Biphobia Looks Like
Anime OMG - Quick Hits: this is what Biphobia and Bisexual Erasure looks likedivaprime wrote in the blog community bisexual,
"I was once kicked off the board of a women's group I helped start, because I was dating a woman, but refused to call myself a lesbian, because I love people, not plumbing. While I was out of town, they changed the bylaws. And all the places I had carefully put 'woman' they replaced with 'lesbian'."

This Is What Bisexual Erasure Looks Like
chasingtides wrote in the blog community bisexual,
"I don't go to my local PFLAG meetings because they won't call me anything but a lesbian."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:17 AM

    I'm always quick to ask any homosexual or heterosexual if it was their choice be that way.

    If the answer is "No, that's just what I am." I will use their same answer regarding my bisexuality.

    If their answer is "Yes, I did choose." I use that answer as well regarding my bisexulaity.

    Either way, I use their same argument for defining themselves on them to define myself as a bisexual.

    Shuts them up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:34 AM

    "d'oh" face-palm!

    ReplyDelete