Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Bi Pride Day! Celebrate Bisexuality Today! Many thanks to Advocate.com for inviting me to write a piece on "Why I Celebrate Bisexual Pride":
Finding the bisexual community saved me, finding others like me online and off made me feel completely normal and finally capable of loving relationships with whomever I wanted who wanted me.  No one should need a permission slip to fall in love, and no one should have anyone else’s definitions define them.  This Bi Pride Day I celebrate the heroes who helped me get here, and all the people who work toward a world where none of us live without being able to love ourselves.  In a stunning letter from a person who’s loved more than one gender, Frank Ocean tells me “I was never alone, as much as I felt like it… as much as I still do sometimes. I never was. I don't think I ever could be.”  Frank’s letter shot off into space, breaking barriers and embracing the kids on the street, people between sheets, and all the other lovers who had missed a beat. For there are still too many people waiting, watching, and wondering about the line of best fit; how they intersect, and if they’ll ever connect. - Read More at Advocate.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:36 PM

    I have a tip for a news article for you. Why are late bloomers in the gay community CHOOSING to throw lesbian and Bisexual women under the bus in order to candy coat their own Bi-phobia? Spear heading this practice is a Huffpost blogger and SELF appointed Gay Girl Dating coach Mary Malia. She has and still strongly advocates that late bloomers lie or hide their heterosexual history and adopt the label of lesbian.This advice can frequently be read on her website and facebook page. She too is ashamed of being bisexual herself.

    The gay civil rights movement was and is about TRUTH, then why is this woman turning back the hands of time to support closeted bisexuality?

    ReplyDelete