#BiWeek 2015 Round-Up
As #BiWeek 2015 gets started, there are a plethora of events across the United States taking place, perhaps right in your backyard. Here’s a glimpse:
- Saturday, September 19th, Washington, D.C.: BiNet USA President Faith Cheltenham speaks at #OOTH2015 .
- Sunday, September 20th, Portland, OR: Join the Portland Bisexual+ Community for Sunday Coffee @ the newly reopened LGBT cafe Triumph Café from 1-4pm with The Bi Brigade. For more information, visit
- Tuesday, September 22nd, Washington, D.C.: For more information join the Facebook event:
- Wednesday, September 23rd, Los Angeles, CA: osted by L.A. Bi Task Force in conjunction With BiNet USA and GLAAD. Panelists include Ian Harvie, Tara Avery, R.J. Aguiar, Dr. Mimi Hoang, Connor Martin, Faith Cheltenham. With performances by KiNG, Lucy & La Mer, Reed, Kristina Wong and Yazmin Monet Watkins. For more information, visit the Facebook event:
- Wednesday, September 23rd, San Francisco, CA: The San Francisco bi community will celebrate Bisexual Visibility with an evening variety show from 6-pm on El Rio’s back patio on Mission Street, featuring live music from Nina Jo Smith and Some of The Buds; moves by Three Sisters Bellydance; burlesque by Isis Starr; poetry by Jan Steckel, Carole Queen and Lani Ka’ahumanu; comedy by Ginorma Desmond; and food from the Voodoo Van. For more information, visit the Facebook event:
- Thursday, September 24th, San Francisco, CA: San Francisco, CA-based non-profit the National Center for Lesbian Rights will launch a Twitterstorm to celebrate Bisexual Awareness Week and #biweek.
- Friday, September 25th, Boston, MA: Celebrate Bisexuality Day with the Bisexual Resource Center and the Boston bi community at Club Café Boston at 7:00pm. They’ll be handing out their annual Unsung Hero and Bi Ally Awards, coupled with a dance party to celebrate 30 years of bi-tastic community building by the BRC. For more information, visit the Facebook event:
- Saturday, September 26th, New York, NY: Come to My Brother’s a Keeper – a stage reading and Bisexual Awareness Week Event – at 5:30pm, 244 Greene Street. For more information, visit:
- Wednesday, September 30th, Minneapolis, MN: Bisexual Organizing Project is sponsoring a community social event with presentation of Community Recognition Awards from 6:30-9:30pm at Sidhe Brewing. For more information, visit: http://bisexualorganizingproject.org/
There are plenty more being added continuously. Be sure to check out the #biweek hashtag on Twitter to find them all!